Dunkin’ Brands Group, aka Dunkin’ Donuts, opened its 10,000th unit last month and the company is sweet on accelerating growth.
CEO Nigel Travis believes there’s a “tremendous opportunity” in China, where Dunkin currently operates more than 80 shops; the chain previously announced plans to open more than 500 locations in India over the next 16 years.
While he declined to specify just how big the opportunity is -- or a time period for opening new stores -- the over-arching recipe calls for Dunkin’ Donuts to more than triple its overseas store count to 10,000 and to grow faster internationally than domestically.
Dunkin’ Donuts has about 7,000 U.S. shops with as many as 240 units set to open this year. In the next 20 years, Dunkin’ Donuts plans to more than double its U.S. store count to 15,000.
- Monthly Economic Review: The importance of job openings and hiring data
- Revzilla reinvents the shopping experience for motorcycle enthusiasts
- Back-to-school trends update: A look at last-minute promotions
- Connecticut retailers make their mark on the state’s culture and communities
- Small business retail is a big deal in Massachusetts