Some promotions may seem pie in the sky, but can ultimately deliver sweet rewards.
CC Carpet Flooring & Design Center, a Dallas-based company, created the Grand Slam Payoff. The promotion linked American League MVP Josh Hamilton with a free flooring reward. If Hamilton hit a grand slam for the Texas Rangers in September, all customers who had purchased flooring or countertops through that date would receive a full refund.
When Hamilton drilled a grand slam on September 14 to cap an eight-run fourth inning in a win against Cleveland, some fans were truly floored by their good luck.
Steve Fitzgerald, owner of CC Carpet & Flooring Design, wasn’t sure exactly how many customers would be receiving a refund, but he estimated the promotion would result in more than $500,000 in savings for his customers
Fitzgerald, who had secured an insurance policy before offering the promotion, seemed genuinely upbeat about the outcome. “We only wish he had done it right at the end of the promotion so we could have saved folks even more money. But it’s great.”
- Monthly Economic Review: The importance of job openings and hiring data
- Revzilla reinvents the shopping experience for motorcycle enthusiasts
- Back-to-school trends update: A look at last-minute promotions
- Connecticut retailers make their mark on the state’s culture and communities
- Small business retail is a big deal in Massachusetts