A Fashionista Must
Let’s face it. If you’re making a trip to New York City, odds are you’re going to shop. And if you’re planning to shop like a true New Yorker, you must know the mantra: “Never pay retail.”
Century 21 Department Stores, a Big Apple icon for 50 years, has devised a plan that allows visitors to shop like locals while being treated like royalty at an upscale hotel. When Century 21 opened its newest store in Lincoln Square, executives partnered with the nearby Empire Hotel to offer the VIP Century 21 Package.
Travelers will enjoy luxury accommodations and a Century 21 gift card so they can head next door to shop. Unlike most New Yorkers, Empire patrons will also be able to skip the lines and enjoy VIP checkout as part of the package. It’s being hailed as a shopping spree with all the cache of name-brands but without the hassle or the high prices. (Century 21’s tagline is “65 percent off retail 100 percent of the time.”) And, after a busy day of browsing the racks, guests can relax in the iconic hotel’s chic Lobby Bar, where two free drinks are also part of the deal.
- Judge Rejects Retailers' Challenge to 'Ambush' Union Elections
- The delight of a dinosaur: inspiration for improving the customer experience
- August is the Time to 'Keep That Drumbeat Going' on Internet Sales Tax
- Veteran Massachusetts Retailers President Honored for Service
- Three ways Macy’s has reduced friction for customers