Ideally, parents get a babysitter and head out to the toy store to “play Santa” before the holidays. But with parents often short on time, finding an opportunity to hire a sitter and get to the store doesn’t always happen -- so they end up shopping with kids in tow.
Target understands. In keeping with the magic of the season, the general merchandiser has equipped its top 20 toys with a QR code. Parents can scan the QR code to purchase the toy directly using a mobile device -- then ship it for free to anyone, anywhere in the United States. They don’t have to sneak the toy into their cart or carry the item home and ship it to a loved one later.
Kudos to Target for raising the bar on convenience (and potentially lifting sales). Parents: Seize the opportunity -- fast. By next year the kids will have this figured out.
- Judge Rejects Retailers' Challenge to 'Ambush' Union Elections
- Congress Gives Highway Funding Another Short Kick Down the Road
- The delight of a dinosaur: inspiration for improving the customer experience
- August is the Time to 'Keep That Drumbeat Going' on Internet Sales Tax
- Veteran Massachusetts Retailers President Honored for Service