Keeping Up With Kors
Michael Kors Holdings posted a 57.1 percent jump in North American revenues during the most recently completed fiscal year, a performance that earned it the No. 3 spot on STORES’ 2013 Hot 100 Retailers list. The luxury lifestyle brand continues to resonate with customers: For the first quarter of fiscal 2014 (ended June 29, 2013), same-store sales gains of 25 percent were reported.
That may explain why Kors snagged the back page “How Did I Get Here?” feature of the issue of Bloomberg Businessweek that landed just prior to Fashion Week.
A Long Island native, Kors’ quotable quips included:
• “I’ve pretty much known I wanted to go into fashion since I was five years old, when I helped my mom redesign her wedding dress.”
• “The kind of fashion I’ve always believed in -- sportswear that’s luxurious and glamorous but also practical -- is what women around the world want to wear.”
• “Stay true to yourself -- that’s what ends up working.”
- Judge Rejects Retailers' Challenge to 'Ambush' Union Elections
- Congress Gives Highway Funding Another Short Kick Down the Road
- The delight of a dinosaur: inspiration for improving the customer experience
- August is the Time to 'Keep That Drumbeat Going' on Internet Sales Tax
- Veteran Massachusetts Retailers President Honored for Service