Kwik Trip is a nearly 400-unit convenience store chain headquartered in La Crosse, Wis. The privately-held retailer also operates the Hearty Platter restaurant chain and nearly 40 Tobacco Outlet Plus cigar stores. With a mix of full- and part-time employees in its locations, Kwik Trip makes a lot of decentralized hiring decisions.
To keep current with federal regulations and state laws in the pre-employment screening and hiring process, Kwik Trip asked Accurate Background to develop a system to integrate with the Taleo talent acquisition and management software platform it used. Accurate Background built a one-step order and retrieval process that automated the background check order and consolidated drug tests and background screening results into a single report.
The customized integration solution includes automated order triggers that were added to the integration workflow, eliminating the need for Kwik Trip’s recruiters to physically order each background check while creating consistency in the hiring process.
Even before the new system was fully operational, Accurate Background included user acceptance testing, giving Kwik Trip the opportunity to run test background checks prior to the “go-live” date. The result was “a customized solution based on our specific hiring process,” says Kwik Trip employment manager Megan Harcey.
- The delight of a dinosaur: inspiration for improving the customer experience
- August is the Time to 'Keep That Drumbeat Going' on Internet Sales Tax
- Veteran Massachusetts Retailers President Honored for Service
- Three ways Macy’s has reduced friction for customers
- Expectations of stronger job growth should light a fire under retail sales for the rest of the year