Made in Kind
Last month Anthropologie, one of Urban Outfitters’ banners, launched Made in Kind, an e-commerce site that reflects the retailer’s partnership with 11 fashion designers -- all of whom created exclusive capsule collections. It marks the first time the specialty retailer is trying its hand at design collaborations. The site, which debuted on April 5, includes offerings from established designers like Karen Walker, Gregory Parkinson and John Patrick; up-and-comers Samantha Pleet and Charlotte Linton; and newbies Rachel Rose and Koto Bolofo. The 11 collections launched simultaneously, with price points ranging from under $100 to nearly $500. Plans call for new designs, designers and concepts to be unveiled each month, with select items made available for purchase in the stores or via catalog.
- The delight of a dinosaur: inspiration for improving the customer experience
- August is the Time to 'Keep That Drumbeat Going' on Internet Sales Tax
- Veteran Massachusetts Retailers President Honored for Service
- Three ways Macy’s has reduced friction for customers
- Expectations of stronger job growth should light a fire under retail sales for the rest of the year