Eau de Slim
Some women will do just about anything to lose weight, and some of the options are downright painful ... or worse. Leave it to the French to come up with a solution that’s not only simple, but smells good, too.
French perfume maker Veld’s is now marketing Prends-Moi as the first fragrance that aids weight loss. The perfume contains a “feel good” chemical that creates a sense of pleasure and well-being for the wearer. According to Robertet, the perfume house that designed the fragrance, Prends-Moi reduces stress and hinders compulsive eating habits.
The fragrance is based on plenty of science. Its main ingredient is betaphroline, which is reported to react with keratincyte cells in the skin to release beta-endorphins that aid positive emotions. Caffeine, cametine and spirulena extract are used to activate enzymes involved in breaking down fat in the body.
Of course, Prends-Moi smells good, thanks to a blend of bergamot, jasmine, ylang-ylang and fresh picked lilac. There’s no scientific data on how much weight wearers can lose by dabbing the perfume here and there. Still, the company claims that some 75 percent of women who used the perfume for 28 days said it limited their urges to snack. At approximately $50 for a 100 ml bottle, it’s a whole lot cheaper than gastric bypass surgery.
- Monthly Economic Review: The importance of job openings and hiring data
- Revzilla reinvents the shopping experience for motorcycle enthusiasts
- Back-to-school trends update: A look at last-minute promotions
- Connecticut retailers make their mark on the state’s culture and communities
- Small business retail is a big deal in Massachusetts