Mobile POS: The good, the bad and the ugly
NFC, POS, EMV, RFID. This may look like alphabet soup to some, but if you work in retail, you know what these acronyms represent - a host of technologies (some new, some not so new) in the retail space. As an increasing number of retailers experiment leveraging each of these, seamless customer experience is sure to grow - and as Joe LaRocca, NRF's Senior Asset Protection Advisor warned, many inherent risks will follow.
In Wednesday's LP '12 closing keynote, LaRocca detailed what these emerging technologies mean for retail – and more importantly, what threats exist when each are implemented. Watch below as LaRocca shares his thoughts on one sliver of the equation: mobile POS and e-receipts.
- How Nordstrom’s culture and values support career and company growth
- At Nordstrom, attracting top talent feeds an obsession with service and technology
- Small Business Spotlight: Stitch Factory
- Small business retail is a big deal in Massachusetts
- Connecticut retailers make their mark on the state’s culture and communities