Top Rated Apps
So who is doing well with applications? These retail-oriented apps are highly rated by users:
• shopkick: Provides rewards like iTunes gift cards and movie tickets just for walking into a store. Major retailers like Best Buy, Old Navy and Macy’s are on board.
• Walgreens: Scan pharmacy barcodes to order refills, set pill reminders and transfer prescriptions.
• Apple Store: What, you didn’t think the company that developed the products that launched a million apps would make the list? It’s especially noted for the ability to purchase via an iTunes account in an Apple Store, without having to interact with an associate.
• Pink Nation: This app from Victoria’s Secret combines the social side of the brand, providing the ability to customize photos, play games and connect socially. VS has another app that facilitates shopping.
• ShopStyle: Connects more than 300 retailers and allows customers to add products to a wish list or sign up for product-specific sale alerts.
• Express: Generates location-based offers that can be scanned directly from the phone. QR codes provide videos and photo galleries.
• Wet Seal: Includes the ability to browse outfits created by users and to search by tag or trend.
- The delight of a dinosaur: inspiration for improving the customer experience
- August is the Time to 'Keep That Drumbeat Going' on Internet Sales Tax
- Veteran Massachusetts Retailers President Honored for Service
- Three ways Macy’s has reduced friction for customers
- Expectations of stronger job growth should light a fire under retail sales for the rest of the year