Top Rated Apps
So who is doing well with applications? These retail-oriented apps are highly rated by users:
• shopkick: Provides rewards like iTunes gift cards and movie tickets just for walking into a store. Major retailers like Best Buy, Old Navy and Macy’s are on board.
• Walgreens: Scan pharmacy barcodes to order refills, set pill reminders and transfer prescriptions.
• Apple Store: What, you didn’t think the company that developed the products that launched a million apps would make the list? It’s especially noted for the ability to purchase via an iTunes account in an Apple Store, without having to interact with an associate.
• Pink Nation: This app from Victoria’s Secret combines the social side of the brand, providing the ability to customize photos, play games and connect socially. VS has another app that facilitates shopping.
• ShopStyle: Connects more than 300 retailers and allows customers to add products to a wish list or sign up for product-specific sale alerts.
• Express: Generates location-based offers that can be scanned directly from the phone. QR codes provide videos and photo galleries.
• Wet Seal: Includes the ability to browse outfits created by users and to search by tag or trend.
- Monthly Economic Review: Consumers are in the driver’s seat
- If you build it, they will come: How Millennial homebuyers influence retail trends
- 3 web design mistakes that are costing your e-commerce site money
- ‘Eyes Only’ Visa Document Says PIN is Safer Than Signature
- The Benefits of Global Trade for U.S. Retailers, Workers and Their Customers