Nordstrom is Coming
Nordstrom is coming to Manhattan -- an announcement so long in the making that it’s surprising Paul Revere wasn’t called upon to replicate his famous ride.
The Seattle-based department store announced plans to open its first full-line location in Manhattan, ending a search that insiders say extended for more than two decades. Nordstrom will occupy a seven-story, 285,000-sq.-ft. building at Broadway and West 57th Street, within walking distance of the multi-level Shops at Columbus Circle in the Time Warner Center.
“We’ve had the intention and the drive, gosh, probably for the last 25 years to try to be here,” Peter Nordstrom said at a June press conference to announce the site. “We fully expect this to be our most successful store.”
Still, Nordstrom aficionados will need to quell their anticipation for awhile; construction on the store is not likely to start until the first quarter of next year and the targeted opening isn’t until 2018.
- 3 web design mistakes that are costing your e-commerce site money
- ‘Eyes Only’ Visa Document Says PIN is Safer Than Signature
- The Benefits of Global Trade for U.S. Retailers, Workers and Their Customers
- Career and family: You can have it all in Kentucky
- 7 questions about America’s credit card system answered