Ohio Council of Retail Merchants President awarded Lifetime Achievement Award
During a members-only luncheon on Tuesday at Retail’s BIG Show, the National Retail Federation took time to honor John C. Mahaney Jr., president and CEO of the Ohio Council of Retail Merchants, for leadership to the retail industry spanning more than 60 years. Mahaney was awarded NRF’s J. Thomas Weyant Lifetime Achievement Award for his commitment to the industry as a state retail association professional.
Known affectionately as “The Chief,” Mahaney is credited with unifying Ohio’s business interests and partnering with state representatives and governors on retail’s priorities. But Mahaney's proudest achievement is the accomplished group of alumni he helped mold as the head of OCRM, an alumni that includes NRF President and CEO Matthew Shay. As Mahaney said in his acceptance speech, “I’ll take [the Weyant Award] back to the staff in their honor and those who preceded them.” In a quick video below, watch as House Speaker John Boehner, Ohio Governor John Kasich and others praise "The Chief" for his dedication and leadership.
Why it's important to keep an eye on consumer electronics spending. http://t.co/OwyCwEanVm2 days ago
- How Nordstrom’s culture and values support career and company growth
- At Nordstrom, attracting top talent feeds an obsession with service and technology
- Small Business Spotlight: Stitch Factory
- Small business retail is a big deal in Massachusetts
- Connecticut retailers make their mark on the state’s culture and communities