One Tweed Coat, Coming Up
Buy online, pick up at the store is so yesterday. Selfridges is about to raise the bar. How about buy online, pick up via a drive-through?
According to the London Evening Standard, Selfridges is introducing the world’s first department store drive-through. The story reports that the port is currently being built at Selfridges’ Oxford Street location in London and will allow shoppers to pick up items they’ve ordered online. This new service is expected to be unveiled early next year.
It’s an interesting idea and one that certainly plays to shoppers’ call for convenience. Still, given the data showing that many online purchases picked up at the store often result in additional items being bought, one can’t help but wonder if Selfridges may be sacrificing ancillary revenue on the altar of convenience.
Gilts Cowan: telling stories in a unique ways- like stilettos by state where they used sales data to report avg heel height by state. #GRC1514 hours ago
Gilt's Cowan: What matters for Gen Y? It's about taking old retail themes but rethinking in the context of digital. #GRC1515 hours ago
- 3 web design mistakes that are costing your e-commerce site money
- ‘Eyes Only’ Visa Document Says PIN is Safer Than Signature
- The Benefits of Global Trade for U.S. Retailers, Workers and Their Customers
- Career and family: You can have it all in Kentucky
- 7 questions about America’s credit card system answered