Macy's Lundgren: We must all be ambassadors of this industry
"In order to prosper, we must be heard," said Terry Lundgren, Chairman, President and CEO of Macy’s and National Retail Federation’s Chairman of the Board, as he opened up the first Super Session of NRF's 2012 Annual Convention. And with every type of retailer - from grocers to online retailers - represented at the event, Lundgren said it’s that diversity that makes the industry so powerful. Watch a quick two-minute clip of Lundgren's remarks including his views on why retail is so vital to economic recovery.
Later in Lundgren's full remarks, he all stressed that "we must all be ambassadors of this industry," a quote that received quite a bit of play in Twitter coverage of #nrf12, and an important idea to emphasize to retail employees in all levels of the industry. Supporting retail is simple and easy. Learn how you can become an industry ambassador at RetailMeansJobs.com.
- How Nordstrom’s culture and values support career and company growth
- At Nordstrom, attracting top talent feeds an obsession with service and technology
- Small Business Spotlight: Stitch Factory
- Small business retail is a big deal in Massachusetts
- Connecticut retailers make their mark on the state’s culture and communities