The Most Counterfeited Products
If you’re still thinking that counterfeit products are sold by guys wearing long trench coats lined with fake Rolex watches, it’s time to update your mindset. While luxury watches are a popular item, there are others that may not immediately come to mind.
Bill Patterson of OpSec Security, a provider of global anti-counterfeiting solutions, says it’s not just brands that need to worry about counterfeiting: Consumers need to be cautious about these items, too. Along with the possibility of overpaying for cheap knockoffs, there’s the very real chance that a person can be harmed by cheap imitations of pharmaceuticals and perfume.
Here are eight of the products that get counterfeited most frequently, according OpSec:
• Brand-name apparel
• Licensed apparel
• Erectile dysfunction drugs
• CDs and DVDs
• Luxury handbags
• Tablet computers
- Veteran Massachusetts Retailers President Honored for Service
- Three ways Macy’s has reduced friction for customers
- Expectations of stronger job growth should light a fire under retail sales for the rest of the year
- SoulPancake’s lessons for creating loveable, sharable video content
- A Look Back at Milestones in Recent Internet History