Coordinator, Member Programs
Floating Share Widget
National Retail Federation’s dedicated staff of more than 100 makes an impact in the lives of retailers, retail employees and consumers every day, and our collaborative culture reflects the passion and innovation of the industry we serve. A career at NRF offers opportunities for learning, travel and professional growth.
NRF is seeking a Coordinator, Member Programs to join its Member Relations department. The Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the development and execution of NRF member programs and services. Individual will also coordinate the efforts which enhance member value for retail and associate members and align with NRF strategic plan and goals.
The ideal candidate will possess intellectual curiosity, embrace open collaboration and take an energetic and flexible approach to fulfilling our mission.
- Supports the development and execution of special programs and key membership meetings essential to the member experience and recruitment and retention efforts
- Manages all logistics for key NRF networking dinners, NRF Council meetings and related special events; includes sourcing venues, managing allowed budget, scheduling, working with vendors, as well as coordinating and communicating logistics for speakers
- Coordinates all post-program follow ups, website updates an program surveys
- Promptly and regularly manages updates and program attendance lists in database
- Supports execution of ongoing member programs and services including half day workshops, webinars, to include promotion, phone and email follow up, and value analysis
- Researches, identifies, and supports the onboarding of member executives to Councils through extensive on-boarding efforts; makes recommendations to process as needed
- Coordinates with internal and external liaisons to maintain Council contact records
- Performs other duties as assigned
Background, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or other equivalent relevant discipline
- Minimum of three years’ experience in membership, events planning or marketing
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite; database and content management tool; Abila netForum, a2z and/or Salesforce is a plus
- Experience with project management tools (i.e. Airtable, Basecamp, Trello) preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects and priorities effectively and professionally
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including excellent telephone manner
- Experience in event planning
- Experience with email marketing communication platforms (i.e. RealMagnet) preferred
- Detail-oriented self-starter with high energy and the ability to work independently
- Ability to adapt quickly and readily to change, and work collaboratively and thrive in a team environment
- Travel up to five times per year
How to apply
To apply, send your resume and one-page cover letter summarizing your interest, qualifications and salary expectations. Please reference the Coordinator, Member Programs position in your cover letter. Email your application to email@example.com, Attention: Manager, Human Resources, NRF, 1101 New York Avenue, NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005.
National Retail Federal offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes focus on work/life satisfaction and balance. NRF seeks to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled and collaborative staff.
Who We Are
- Our Mission
- Careers at NRF
- NRF Foundation
- Board of Directors
- NRF Staff
- This is Retail
- Retail Means Jobs
- NRF FAQs
- Annual Report
Find out how the retail industry impacts jobs, income and GDP in your state. View the map and check out the data.
NRF made The Washington Post's list of Top Workplaces in D.C. for the second year in a row.