Floating Share Widget
National Retail Federation’s dedicated staff of more than 100 makes an impact in the lives of retailers, retail employees and consumers every day, and our collaborative culture reflects the passion and innovation of the industry we serve. A career at NRF offers opportunities for learning, travel and professional growth.
NRF is seeking an Executive Assistant to join the Office of the President. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for providing confidential and high-level administrative support to the Executive Vice President/COO. Individual will also be responsible for performing a variety of administrative functions for other executives and senior team members as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess intellectual curiosity, embrace open collaboration and take an energetic and flexible approach to fulfilling our mission.
- Communicates with internal and external constituencies via phone and e-mail, determining appropriate plan of action, referral or response
- Manages professional Outlook calendar
- Coordinates and manages all logistics for internal and external meetings, conference calls and travel
- Provides committee support to the COO by maintaining committee rosters in database; produce committee materials for meetings; produce and distribute post-committee follow-up materials such as minutes, database updates, and reports
- Drafts written materials, communications, documentation and memos
- Serves as back-up assistant to the CEO
- Maintains contract logs, initiates invoicing process, and tracks vendor payments
- Performs other clerical duties and handles special projects for IT, Accounting and Human Resources as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of five years’ administrative support experience at the executive or corporate level
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex meetings and travel
- Strong knowledge of MS Office with the ability to integrate data from database systems into MS Office applications
- Ability to take proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Excellent interpersonal and conversational skills, and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders including members of the staff, and external partner
- Proven ability to work as a team player, as well as independently
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential/sensitive matters in a discrete and professional manner
- Ability to work varied hours as needed
- Some travel required
How to apply
To apply, send your resume and one-page cover letter summarizing your interest, qualifications and salary expectations. Please reference the Executive Assistant position in your cover letter. Email your application to email@example.com, Attention: Manager, Human Resources, NRF, 1101 New York Avenue, NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005.
National Retail Federal offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes focus on work/life satisfaction and balance. NRF seeks to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled and collaborative staff.
National Retail Federation (NRF) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NRF is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. NRF will not discriminate because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, past or present military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state and local law.
Who We Are
- Our Mission
- Careers at NRF
- NRF Foundation
- Board of Directors
- NRF Staff
- This is Retail
- Retail Means Jobs
- NRF FAQs
- Annual Report
Find out how the retail industry impacts jobs, income and GDP in your state. View the map and check out the data.
NRF made The Washington Post's list of Top Workplaces in D.C. for the second year in a row.