Manager, Content Development
Floating Share Widget
National Retail Federation’s dedicated staff of more than 100 makes an impact in the lives of retailers, retail employees and consumers every day, and our collaborative culture reflects the passion and innovation of the industry we serve. A career at NRF offers opportunities for learning, travel and professional growth.
NRF is seeking a Manager, Content Development to join its Education department. The manager will be responsible for supporting the development of programming content for live events, as well as the recruitment and subsequent management of speakers.
The ideal candidate will possess intellectual curiosity, embrace open collaboration and take an energetic and flexible approach to fulfilling our mission.
- Works on all efforts related to the development and successful delivery of live-event educational programming content
- Monitors industry and related business trends, technology innovations, and captures the insights of leading thinkers across retail and retail-adjacent industries to create systems which impact processes and communications
- Manages internal and external content leads and resources; researches, contacts and maintains list of content partners relevant to educational programming for NRF events
- Conducts production and content calls with speakers and major keynote sponsors to coordinate needs, requirements and logistics
- Works to translate research into live and engaging conversations and sessions at NRF events
- Collaborates with event production and marketing teams to ensure all relevant messaging and materials support the communities NRF’s events serve
- Prepares presentations and relevant materials delivered during sessions
- Composes speaker invitation letters and session descriptions
- Performs other duties as assigned
Background, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing communications or other related disciplines
- Minimum three years’ experience in marketing, project management and/or communications
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and information and present findings to staff at all levels
- High-level of professionalism and ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside partners
- Retention or loyalty marketing, content marketing, social media marketing, or digital marketing a plus
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work and collaborate as a part of a motivated, driven team
- Highly organized, self-directed and deadline-oriented
- Travel up to five times per year
How to apply
To apply, send your resume and one-page cover letter summarizing your interest, qualifications and salary expectations. Please reference the Manager, Content Development position in your cover letter. Email your application to email@example.com, Attention: Manager, Human Resources, NRF, 1101 New York Avenue, NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005.
National Retail Federal offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes focus on work/life satisfaction and balance. NRF seeks to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled and collaborative staff.
National Retail Federation (NRF) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NRF is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. NRF will not discriminate because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, past or present military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state and local law.
Who We Are
- Our Mission
- Careers at NRF
- NRF Foundation
- Board of Directors
- NRF Staff
- This is Retail
- Retail Means Jobs
- NRF FAQs
- Annual Report
Find out how the retail industry impacts jobs, income and GDP in your state. View the map and check out the data.
NRF made The Washington Post's list of Top Workplaces in D.C. for the second year in a row.