Manager, Member Communications and Operations
Floating Share Widget
National Retail Federation’s dedicated staff of more than 100 makes an impact in the lives of retailers, retail employees and consumers every day, and our collaborative culture reflects the passion and innovation of the industry we serve. A career at NRF offers opportunities for learning, travel and professional growth.
NRF is seeking a Manager, Member Communications and Operations to join its Member Relations Department. This manager will be responsible for all membership communication initiatives across NRF, ensuring membership content, initiatives, campaigns, activities and operations align with the organization’s membership goals and objectives. The successful manager will have a focus on membership branding and lead generation experience.
The ideal candidate will possess intellectual curiosity, embrace open collaboration and take an energetic and flexible approach to fulfilling our mission.
- Manages membership communications strategy; writes, edits and updates content for electronic and print communications
- Creates, develops and implements membership marketing campaigns including lead generation, campaign development, email marketing and list maintenance and renewal
- Partners with key stakeholders and internal members to coordinate engagement and incorporate member feedback in broader industry initiatives
- Conducts satisfaction surveys, measures and evaluates activities, uses results to continue to improve membership retention and value, maintains marketing personas and segmentation strategies and refines efforts
- Spearheads member acquisition and member engagement through promotion of membership programs and legislative efforts
- Implements annual and long-term membership plans, including effective and creative strategies for membership recruitment and retention
- Supports preparation of public information including print pieces, annual reports, press releases and e-blasts
- Leads efforts to establish and maintain an accurate member contact database
- Develops and executes onboarding process for new members
- Provides member support; includes responding to inquiries and resolving issues, membership renewal assistance, website troubleshooting and member demographic updates
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in member development, member marketing or member communications
- Strong writing skills with a membership branding focus
- Ability to conceptualize, produce and disseminate high-quality materials
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities efficiently and professionally in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including excellent telephone manner
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, including Google Analytics; ability to create surveys and analyze results
- Top-notch computer skills including word processing, MS Outlook and database management experience, experience with netForum preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail and quality work product
- Some travel required
How to apply
To apply, send your resume and one-page letter summarizing your interest, qualifications and salary expectations. Please reference the Manager, Member Communications and Operations position in your cover letter. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: VP, Human Resources, NRF, 1101 New York Ave., NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005.
National Retail Federation offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a focus on work/life satisfaction and balance. NRF seeks to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled and collaborative staff.
Find out how the retail industry impacts jobs, income and GDP in your state. View the map and check out the data.
NRF made The Washington Post's list of Top Workplaces in D.C. for the second year in a row.