Manager, Retail Strategy
Floating Share Widget
National Retail Federation’s dedicated staff of more than 100 makes an impact in the lives of retailers, retail employees and consumers every day, and our collaborative culture reflects the passion and innovation of the industry we serve. A career at NRF offers opportunities for learning, travel and professional growth.
NRF is seeking a Manager, Retail Strategy to join its Education Department. This position will be responsible for supporting the development and programming of content for live events, as well as the recruitment and subsequent management of speakers.
The ideal candidate will possess intellectual curiosity, embrace open collaboration and take an energetic and flexible approach to fulfilling our mission.
- Keeps current with business trends, technology innovations, and leading thinkers across retail and retail-adjacent industries, utilizing NRF and non-NRF media resources
- Strategically reviews and analyzes trends and industry knowledge and creates systems that communicate information in a format that helps others take action
- Executes findings into live and engaging conversations and sessions at NRF events
- Researches and contacts content partners
- Assists with the successful delivery of all live-event educational programming, including conducting production and content calls with speakers and major keynote sponsors
- Manages internal and external content leads/resources (includes NRF staff members and external consultants) as related to educational programming for NRF events
- Assists events marketing team to ensure all relevant messaging and materials (physical and digital) support the communities NRF’s events serve
- Assemble presentations and other materials delivered during sessions
- Composes speaker invitation letters and session descriptions
- Collaborates with staff to execute sessions at all NRF events
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, finance or analytic discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience in business analysis, research, content development or business strategy consulting
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and information and present findings to staff at all levels
- High level of competency in building and delivering presentations
- High level of professionalism and ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside content partners and executives
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects or people simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Strong understanding of digital communication in all formats, social, .com, etc.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work and collaborate as a part of a motivated, driven team
- Highly organized, self-directed and deadline-oriented
- Travel approximately 3-5 times per year
How to apply
To apply, send your resume and one page cover letter summarizing your interest, qualifications and salary expectations. Please reference the Manager, Retail Strategy position in your cover letter. Email your application to email@example.com, Attention: Manager, Human Resources, NRF, 1101 New York Avenue, NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005.
National Retail Federal offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes focus on work/life satisfaction and balance. NRF seeks to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled and collaborative staff.
Who We Are
- Our Mission
- Careers at NRF
- NRF Foundation
- Board of Directors
- NRF Staff
- This is Retail
- Retail Means Jobs
- NRF FAQs
- Annual Reports
Find out how the retail industry impacts jobs, income and GDP in your state. View the map and check out the data.
NRF made The Washington Post's list of Top Workplaces in D.C. for the second year in a row.