Floating Share Widget
National Retail Federation’s dedicated staff of more than 100 makes an impact in the lives of retailers, retail employees and consumers every day, and our collaborative culture reflects the passion and innovation of the industry we serve. A career at NRF offers opportunities for learning, travel and professional growth.
NRF is seeking a Marketing Analyst to join its Marketing Department. The Analyst will manage all marketing analytics and reporting in support of the organization, and provide insightful, actionable findings from data and research to optimize the business goals and objectives. Individual works cross functionally, the Marketing Analyst will be the center of marketing planning, attendee/member planning, event planning and other marketing channel and tactic owners.
The ideal candidate will possess intellectual curiosity, embrace open collaboration and take an energetic and flexible approach to fulfilling our mission.
- Analyzes quantitative & qualitative data to make data-driven recommendations that optimize marketing effectiveness and business performance
- Conducts end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations
- Builds and updates dashboards to track trends, identify gaps and to inform actionable recommendations for the marketing team
- Standardizes KPI reporting and regular performance assessment using all available analytics data including conversion, spend, interaction, attendance, and channel performance
- Develops weekly performance dashboards for the NRF business, capturing all relevant data and analytics to share across the business to drive decisions
- Designs and lead effective presentations and translates data into easy to understand insights and recommendations
- Maintains deep understanding of membership database to identify opportunities for engagement and purchase frequency
- Leverages customer insights to recommend optimal outreach, promotional cadence and innovative offers for all customer programs, live and digital
- Partners with research team to integrate researching findings resulting in a more holistic view of the customer
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and measures the impact of initiatives to make improvements to existing operations
- Identifies third party list providers to support all marketing programs
- Partners with internal teams and externals providers in the development of data warehouse and to ensure accuracy of the data
- Manages on site tagging efforts and other tracking efforts, including tag management tools
- Evaluates 3rd party tools to ensure settings and business rules are optimized
- Performs other duties as assigned
Background, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree required in marketing, business or related field; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum five years of experience with marketing planning and analytics experience
- Ability to analyze raw data, interpret media performance, draw quantifiable conclusions, summarize actionable recommendations, forecast outcomes/implications
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information and see the big picture
- Expert user of digital analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Tableau, Omniture)
- Expert level Excel user with working familiarity with SQL
- Proven ability to effectively manage time and priorities including changes in workflow and business priorities
- Ability to develop project schedules, communicate deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills with the ability to proactively provide business insight
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure of deadlines, while working independently
- Initiative, drive, and attention to detail. Understands short- and long-term goals and can handle details to ensure successful project completion
- Ability to present information in clear, concise terms to all position levels
- Strong collaboration skills to work with a variety of internal constituencies, develop partner relationships and rapport, and influence thinking
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Experience in an ecommerce environment recommended
- Understand best practices around website analytics
- Keen understanding and use of web analytics tools
- Excellent business and analytical acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to apply
To apply, send your resume and one- page cover letter summarizing your interest, qualifications and salary expectations. Please reference the Marketing Analyst position in your cover letter. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: Director, Human Resources, NRF, 1101 New York Avenue, NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005.
National Retail Federal offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes focus on work/life satisfaction and balance. NRF seeks to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled and collaborative staff.
Find out how the retail industry impacts jobs, income and GDP in your state. View the map and check out the data.
NRF made The Washington Post's list of Top Workplaces in D.C. for the second year in a row.