Specialist, Digital Content and Communications
Floating Share Widget
National Retail Federation’s dedicated staff of more than 100 makes an impact in the lives of retailers, retail employees and consumers every day, and our collaborative culture reflects the passion and innovation of the industry we serve. A career at NRF offers opportunities for learning, travel and professional growth.
NRF is seeking a Specialist, Digital Content and Communications, responsible for publishing and updating NRF’s digital content, writing and monitoring the editorial content effectiveness, as well as managing content architecture and strategy for NRF’s website.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, experience working with social media, Drupal, Google Analytics, basic HTML skills, as well as a strong desire to learn and understand new media technologies.
The successful candidate will possess intellectual curiosity, embrace open collaboration, and take an energetic approach to fulfilling our mission.
- Researches, develops, and updates content for NRF’s websites based on content strategies and editorial calendar
- Develops an on-going strategy for ensuring all website content (blog posts, press releases, research reports) is current, consistent, audience-appropriate, and accurate
- Partners with internal divisions on initiatives and programs to develop clear and concise web content
- Collaborates with NRF Communications and IT teams for creative web imagery
- Monitors utilization and effectiveness of NRF’s websites and key pages using Google Analytics, Buzz Sumo and other analytics tools; identifies areas for improvement and provides recommendations
- Regularly contributes to NRF’s blog and Medium channel
- Coordinates podcast guests and follow-up communications
- Collaborates with IT on redesigns and website design/UX updates, serving as Communication’s lead on these projects
- Manages homepage and website cross-promotion and blog post comments
- Trains internal staff on performing web updates
- Stays current on the latest technologies and best practices in digital content strategy
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in communication, journalism or a related field
- Minimum three years’ professional experience in strategic communications, corporate communications or related field
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong and creative writer and proofreader, with attention to detail and ability to alter style to audience
- Experience with Drupal and Google Analytics, with basic understanding of HTML
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube etc.)
- Strong understanding of internet and content best practices and standards
- Creative and thoughtful on how new media technologies can be utilized
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Must be energetic and creative and have a strong inclination for individual initiative
- High level of professionalism and ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Some travel required
How to apply
To apply, send your resume and one-page letter summarizing your interest, qualifications and salary expectations. Please reference the Specialist, Digital Content and Communications in your cover letter. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: VP, Human Resources, NRF, 1101 New York Ave., NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005.
National Retail Federation offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a focus on work/life satisfaction and balance. NRF seeks to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff.
Who We Are
NRF made The Washington Post's list of Top Workplaces in D.C. for the second year in a row.