The Small Business Retail Council (SBRC) represents and is responsive to the needs, concerns and interests of local shops and provides the National Retail Federation’s small business members a forum to discuss the most pressing public policy issues and priorities.
For more information, please contact Meghan Keivel.
Robert Jones, III - American Sale, Tinley Park, IL
Nicole Panettieri, The Brass Owl, Astoria, NY
Who we are
The Small Business Retail Council will:
- Identify policy priorities concerning small retail businesses in the U.S. and propose strategies and solutions on those priorities and challenges
- Partner with like-minded organizations and stakeholders to amplify the voice of small businesses on the local, state and national level
- Participate in the coordination of grassroots advocacy
- Actively and vocally engage in retail industry priorities and issues
- Provide suggestions and input on content and programs NRF provides to Main Street retailers
The Small Business Retail Council advocates for policies that:
- Protect small business owners from unnecessary and burdensome regulations
- Empower retailers to make decisions based on what is best for their customers, company, associates and employees
- Take into account the impact of a policy on small retail businesses in the U.S.
- Support the future growth and prosperity of America’s small retail businesses
Upcoming SBRC conference calls
The SBRC meets quarterly to discuss the latest legislative issues and council events. See upcoming events below.
- Q2: Tuesday, May 7, 2019
- Q3: Tuesday, August 6, 2019
- Q4: November 5, 2019