24 questions with JustFab Co-CEO Adam Goldenberg
Adam Goldenberg started as a teenage entrepreneur, became the youngest COO of a publicly traded company and is now the co-founder and co-CEO of JustFab Inc., parent company to fashion brands JustFab, Fabletics, ShoeDazzle, FL2 and Fabkids. Growing to more than 2,000 employees and $650 million in annual sales since 2010, JustFab is one of the fastest-growing fashion brands ever.
At the heart of the business is a membership model that promises a personalized shopping experience. Goldenberg will be sharing insights into how to use data and personalization to rethink the retail experience at Shop.org’s upcoming Digital Experience Workshop, to be held July 18-20 in California. Before his presentation, we asked a few quick-fire questions to see what makes Goldenberg tick.
1. The fashion landscape is: changing quickly.
2. JustFab has grown so fast because: the business is building brands online and in high growth categories.
3. The most revolutionary thing about JustFab is: our membership model. It is a unique kind of commitment between company and customer that greatly benefits both.
4. A great customer experience is all about: that feeling of happiness when you open a box and the product exceeds your expectations.
5. The biggest challenge we’re working on right now is: How do we remain fast and nimble as a much larger company?
6. I love this business because: I get to work with passionate and smart people. We are doing things that have never been done before, and it’s challenging. That challenge is a magnet for the right talent.
7. The next step for JustFab is: defining what customer service means in a membership commerce community.
8. In my office, I can’t live without: coffee.
9. The worst buzzword right now is: Brexit.
10. I hire people who: are smart, passionate and willing to take chances.
11. I’m reading: “Extreme Ownership” by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin.
12. Last thing I bought online: Peloton Spin Bike.
13. I want to learn more about: about “brand tribes” and how we build a cult of happiness.
14. I’m happiest when I'm: winning.
15. Digital retail is: extremely efficient in providing qualitative and quantitative value for both customer and company if executed well.
16. What drives me is: building and creating with teams of people.
17. My first job was: building a website and IT support for a small St. Louis accounting firm.
18. Being a young entrepreneur has taught me: Empower your team, ask questions and lay out challenges. People will amaze and surprise you.
19. As an investor, what grabs my attention is: capital efficient business models — run by smart people creating real value for the end consumer or business.
20. If I could go back and give my former self advice, I'd: Ask more, tell less.
21. What people at the Digital Experience Workshop will learn from me is: How to use data and personalization to reimage the fashion business.
22. When I'm not running a business, I'm: Snowboarding or with my family.
23. I'm inspired by: People who challenge the status quo and win.
24. My mantra is: If it was easy to build a billion dollar business, everyone would do it.
Want to learn more about personalization and creating a great digital shopping experience from Adam Goldenberg and other top retail leaders? Register now for the Shop.org Digital Experience Workshop, to be held July 18-20 in Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif.
Retailers that want to stay relevant to modern consumers are rethinking every aspect of the shopping experience, and NRF’s playbooks offer a quick summary of ideas and tactics that can inspire innovation.