Get ready for Gen Z
is sponsored by
Understanding the consumer is paramount in today’s fast-changing retail environment, and retailers today have access to more information about those customers than ever before. Luckily, NRF Vice President of Research Development and Industry Analysis Mark Mathews is a self-described “data geek.” Mathews, who has the exciting task of gathering and analyzing data, joins Retail Gets Real this week for a look at how NRF tells the story of the retail industry through research.
“The breadth and depth of retail really amazes me,” he says, “and to be able to capture that is really important and fulfilling.”
Mathews also dissects Uniquely Gen Z, an extensive NRF/IBM research study about the youngest generation of consumers. The rise of social media and evolving technologies has ushered in rapid change, and the upheaval will continue as Generation Z gains even more spending power.
“They’re impatient,” Mathews says, speaking about the differences between Gen Z and older generations. “They want things now.” Listen to this episode of Retail Gets Real to learn how retailers can better meet Gen Z’s needs and earn their trust early in their careers as consumers.
- TreeHouse’s bold plan to dominate a $200 billion industry
- Millennial parents shop differently than other parents
- The Army & Air Force Exchange Service balances profitability with community
- Cybersecurity for business and life: A guide from a former White House CIO
- Fitzroy rethinks discovery for toy shop owners