As 2018 comes to an end, we’re looking back at the stories that were most popular throughout the year. Here are the top stories from our blog, podcast and events that you might have missed — or might want to revisit.
With AI remaining a hot topic for retailers throughout the year, it’s no surprise that this discussion with experts from Salesforce and PwC about how to best invest in and use data and technology was a popular blog post and
From the rise of private label to exploring the food hall trend, here are six stories STORES Magazine readers loved in 2018.
John Furner started as a store associate in Walmart and now occupies the corner office of one of the most influential businesses in the industry. He shared his career journey with students at the NRF Foundation Student Program at NRF 2018: Retail’s Big Show in January.
At NRFtech — an exclusive gathering of top technology and innovation executives — Chief Engineering Officer Raghu Sagi discussed how Sephora puts personalization at the front of every client decision.
Retail Gets Real favorites
- #47 A new kind of customer: What’s driving retail evolution
- #59 The new normal: How retailers continue to evolve
- #77 Retail trends that will gain traction in 2019
- #42 Inside Walmart's next-gen tech incubator
- #43 Using data to shape the shopping journey
- #66 Millennial parents shop differently than other parents
- #54 How DSW stays a step ahead
From the keynote stage at NRF 2018: Retail’s Big Show, Walmart CEO Doug McMillon discussed investing in both people and technology and encouraged retailers to consider how they put people first, from wages and benefits to building career opportunities.
Everyone loves a good infographic — especially when it shows how consumers are spending for a holiday that is all about fun.
Congress should keep these points in mind when considering new data security legislation.
Most-clicked in NRF and Shop.org SmartBriefs
Retailers making big moves caught the attention of our SmartBrief subscribers this year. These are the most-clicked headlines.
- Best Buy's new logo, slogan highlight employee expertise (May 9, 2018,
- Amazon announces 20 finalists for its 2nd headquarters (January 18, 2018,
- Whole Foods imposes new rules on shelf space (January 5, 2018,
- Costco revamps menu items -- except its $1.50 hot dog (July 5, 2018,
- Sources: Kroger, Target in ongoing merger talks (March 23, 2018,
At NRF 2018, Lee McCabe, vice president and general manager of North America at Alibaba Group, discussed the future of retail and Alibaba’s leading role in helping global brands and retailers tap into the massive market opportunities in China and beyond. Hear more from Alibaba when Alibaba Group President J. Michael Evans speaks at the upcoming NRF 2019: Retail's Big Show.
What will 2019 hold for retail? Check out STORES Magazine's trend forecast for 2019, and don’t miss NRF 2019: Retail's Big Show to kick off the year with insights from retail titans like Target Board Chairman and CEO Brian Cornell, Kroger Chairman and CEO Rodney McMullen, Dick Sporting Goods Chairman and CEO Ed Stack, Levi's President and CEO Chip Bergh and Best Buy Chairman and CEO Hubert Joly.