Federation of International Retail Associations (FIRA) membership is open worldwide to all national retail associations that primarily represent members in the grocery, pharmacy and general merchandise retail sectors. Membership represents 40 associations across 24 countries in six continents.
Our members have retailers as members and charge dues (membership fees) to these members. Member associations are represented by individuals who are decision-makers (president, CEO, executive director, managing director, secretary general, etc.) and/or a senior elected official of the organization’s governing board (chairman, director general, etc.).
Annual membership dues are US $1,400 for qualifying associations.
Perks of membership include:
- You’ll be recognized as a FIRA member and information about your association will be listed in FIRA’s online directory.
- FIRA members also receive complimentary associate membership in the National Retail Federation (USA).
- FIRA members have the opportunity to be featured in the NRF Global SmartBrief, a daily email that summarizes the latest international retail news.
- They also receive a quarterly newsletter including members-only content, like forecasts, original research and reports.
FIRA meetings are held twice a year, once in New York and then in a member host country.
- Collaborate on issues of common interest, like trade and payment card fees.
- Network with fellow retail association executives and compare best practices with other members.
The FIRA Secretariat and Chairman review all membership applications to ensure qualifications are met.
You will be advised within 30 days of application submission if your FIRA membership is granted.