Congress is currently considering the Protecting the Right to Organize Act, known as the PRO Act. This unprecedented bill would drastically rewrite current labor laws in favor of organized labor and at the expense of retailers and their workforces. If enacted, the PRO Act would, among other things:
- Strip away workers’ free choice in union elections and their privacy rights
- Expose neutral businesses to anti-competitive and damaging “secondary boycotts”
- Eliminate independent work - including the gig economy
- Repeal 27 state Right-to-Work laws
- Interfere with retailers’ ability to secure legal advice on complex labor matters
- Expand joint employer liability, greatly complicating the relationship between businesses and contractors
CLICK HERE to see NRF's top 10 reasons to hate the PRO Act.