NRF has been conducting its annual Valentine's Day consumer spending survey since 2004 to gauge how Americans plan to celebrate this special day with their loved ones.
- 2019: Fewer consumers celebrating Valentine’s Day but those who do are spending more
- 2018: Consumers will spend near-record $19.6 billion on Valentine’s Day
- 2017: Consumers plan to spend $18.2 billion on Valentine’s Day
- 2016: Dinner and a movie, flowers and jewelry bring Valentine's Day spending to record high
- 2015: Cupid to shower Americans with jewelry, candy this Valentine's Day
Results of the Valentine's Day consumer spending survey are released each year prior to the holiday.