NRF’s holiday surveys gauge consumer sentiment and shopping trends during the winter holiday season, including Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday, Super Saturday and Christmas.
Check out NRF's Holiday FAQs for more information on the holiday season and check back often to stay up-to-date on retail's busiest season.
Slideshow: Click through the interactive slideshow to the right for at-a-glance data on retailer perspectives on the holiday season. NRF members can access the full set of holiday insights here.
Note: Data may have changed due to ongoing U.S. Census Bureau revisions. The following resources contain data that was current at the time of reporting.
- Slideshow: 2019 winter holiday trends, Historical holiday sales and 2019 forecast data
- Press release: Holiday retail sales during 2019 grew 4.1 percent to $730.2 billion
- Super Saturday: Nearly 148 million Americans plan to shop Super Saturday
- Early November Survey: Half of holiday shoppers have already started
- Thanksgiving weekend preview: More than 165 million people expected to shop over five-day weekend
- Thanksgiving forecast: Nearly 190 million people shopped Thanksgiving weekend
- October holiday update: Holiday shoppers plan to spend 4 percent more this year
- 2019 holiday forecast: NRF forecasts holiday sales will grow between 3.8 and 4.2 percent
- Slideshow: 2018 holiday trends
- December survey: Procrastinators rush to meet holiday deadline
- Thanksgiving outcome: Multichannel shopping up 40 percent
- Holiday Podcast: Thanksgiving weekend and beyond
- Article: 5 things to know about holiday discounts
- November survey: Young adults likely to spend more
- Thanksgiving forecast: More than 164 million consumers plan to shop
- October survey: Consumers will spend 4.1 percent more
- 2018 holiday forecast: Retail sales to increase between 4.3 and 4.8 percent
- 2017 holiday trends slideshow
- 2017 holiday season outcome
- December consumer survey
- Thanksgiving weekend outcome
- November consumer survey
- Thanksgiving weekend forecast
- October consumer survey
- 2017 holiday forecast: NRF forecasts holiday sales to increase between 3.6 and 4 percent