Where: Washington, DC
Application Deadline: March 22, 2019
The National Retail Federation (NRF) has represented retail for over a century. Every day, we passionately stand up for the people, policies and ideas that help retail thrive. As the nation’s largest private-sector employer, retail contributes $2.6 trillion to the annual gross domestic product (GDP). No other industry comes close. Wherever the industry goes, the nation follows — so we’re committed to helping retail go further.
- Earn valuable experience and make meaningful contributions. Work on projects both independently and as part of a team in a friendly, collegial environment.
- Gain insight and a different perspective of retail and see what it’s like to work for a team that celebrates, educates and inspires the retail industry.
- Internships are paid ($14.00/hr.)
- Flexible schedule: full-time (30-hours per week during summer) and part-time during fall/spring semesters.
- Support NRF’s member-focused cybersecurity activities, including our cyber threat information sharing program.
- Prepare initial drafts of cyber threat bulletins based on direction from senior staff.
- Assist with content management on cyber threat portal.
- Assist with identifying material for and drafting monthly member newsletters
- Prepare summaries of relevant cybersecurity reports, events, webinars, etc.
- Carry out research to identify cybersecurity stakeholders at NRF members and partner organizations.
- Provide administrative support to NRF cybersecurity-related meetings and events.
Preferred Background and Skills:
- Strong writing and research skills
- Interest in and familiarity with cybersecurity technology and policy issues, as demonstrated by courses taken, prior internships, school projects, etc.
- Knowledge or experience related to cyber threat intelligence (tactics, techniques, adversaries) preferred but not required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
Interested students should apply by sending their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org