NEW YORK – The NRF Foundation today announced that Macy’s Inc. Chairman and CEO Jeff Gennette has been elected chairman of the NRF Foundation Board of Directors, succeeding Karen Katz, former president and CEO of the Neiman Marcus Group. In addition, one new member has been elected to the board.
Gennette, who will serve a two-year-term, was elected as the board held its winter meeting in New York today as part of NRF 2019:
“As the leader of a company that continues to push new frontiers in retail, Jeff Gennette represents the future of our industry but also understands and values its roots,” NRF Foundation President Ellen Davis said. “He is the right leader at the right time as retail continues to evolve and consumer behavior is changing. Jeff has a strong understanding of the changes happening with retail jobs and the future of the workforce, and he will be a key player in the NRF Foundation’s growing mission to help people become trained and find jobs in our industry.”
“Retail is a great industry to work in, whether you’re looking for a part-time job or a lifelong career,” Gennette said. “The NRF Foundation is working to build a steady pipeline of top talent for the industry by ensuring that people know about the opportunities available in retail. I look forward to helping with the NRF Foundation’s mission in support of the industry.”
Newly elected NRF Foundation board members include:
- Jeff Gennette, chairman and CEO, Macy’s Inc.
- Danielle Kirgan, chief human resources officer, Macy’s Inc.
Existing members of the NRF Foundation Board include:
- Emilie Antonetti, vice president of social purpose and managing director, Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Foundation
- Steve Barr, consumer markets leader, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Bill Brand, senior vice president, chief retail officer, Carnival
- Michael Colaneri, vice president, retail, restaurant and hospitality, AT&T
- Lee Culpepper, vice president of public affairs, Walmart
- Deb Decker, chief client officer, Alliance Data
- Danielle DiFerdinando, founder and creative director, Danielle Nicole
- Arlette Guthrie, vice president of human resources, The Home Depot
- Susan Hart, global retail practice leader, Spencer Stuart
- Gina Iacovone, senior vice president of field operations, BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Mark Larson, partner and U.S. retail and consumer leader, KPMG
- Karin Norington-Reaves, CEO, Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership
- Jerry O’Brien, executive director, Kohl’s Center for Retailing, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Matthew Shay, president and CEO, National Retail Federation
- Danielle Wallis, vice president and general manager of client management, national business to business, American Express Company
- Talia Watts, marketplace merchandising manager, Nike