Floating Share Widget
Shop.org Annual Summit to Welcome Innovators, Inventors and Industry Experts
Washington, July 27, 2011 – Shop.org, the digital division of the National Retail Federation, will kick off its Annual Summit in Boston this September, bringing together more than 3,000 innovators, thought leaders and some of the online retail community’s most revered experts during the three-day event. The Annual Summit and EXPO will take place September 12-14 at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center.
As the premier event for online and multichannel retail executives, Shop.org’s Summit will feature an EXPO hall with over 200 solution providers showcasing products, technologies and services designed to improve the online retailing experience. In addition to the EXPO hall, the event will feature educational sessions on everything from marketing ROI to technology trends and cross-channel retailing.
The Tuesday keynote addresses include:
- Opening the Summit Tuesday, September 13 at 8:30 a.m. with his keynote, “The Impact of Technological Innovation on Consumer Behavior and Retail as We Know It,” is author, thought leader and inventor
- . Kurzweil has been described by the Wall Street Journal as “the restless genius” and Inc. Magazine ranked him number eight among entrepreneurs in the United States, calling him the “rightful heir to Thomas Edison.” PBS has included Kurzweil as one of 16 “revolutionaries who made America." During his keynote, Kurzweil will present a program for innovation and how to bring inventions to market, as well as explain how near and long-term technology trends are accelerating opportunities for innovation.
- At 10:30 a.m.,
- , Executive Vice President of Global Sales and Marketing for Columbia Sportswear Company will present his keynote, “Gear up for Growth: Innovation in the Outdoor Industry.” During the presentation, McCormick will reflect on how Columbia launched a company-wide multi-year plan focused on innovation in an effort that not only changed the direction of the company, but sent a wake-up call to the entire industry. He will also highlight the central role that the company’s digital efforts have played in this transformation.
- , President of Direct for Charming Shoppes, will take the stage Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. for his keynote, “5 Lessons in 15 Years of Cross-Channel Retailing.” During his keynote, Bass will reflect on his past experiences and current role at Charming Shoppes to outline the five most important lessons he has learned on how to succeed in cross-channel retail and will offer observations on how to optimize performance across all channels to drive profitability and how new technology fads are not always the cure.
- Concurrent sessions on online marketing and merchandising tactics, social retailing, customer experience and conversion and the next generation of retail will fill the afternoon schedule.
Wednesday’s keynotes include:
- Google Vice President of Commerce
- will kick things off Wednesday, September 14 at 9:45 a.m. with her keynote, “Google Insights on Local, Mobile and Payments.” During her presentation, Tilenius will discuss where Google is placing its “bets” this year and why local, mobile and payments are important themes for retailers right now. She’ll also discuss how retailers can take the lead with cross-channel shoppers and what technologies will be taking off in the next few years.
- As Shop.org’s go-to for consumer usability and customer-centric expertise,
- , CEO of Creative Good, will host a special and interactive consumer-user session for his 11 a.m. keynote, “Live Labs with Phil Terry.” During his session, Terry will bring in customers and run live labs on retailers' mobile and social apps and websites. The audience will be able to experience firsthand what customers say about the showcased technologies. He will also add his own critiques of these new technologies and provide specific feedback on how they can improve to be more profitable and customer-centric.
- Wednesday’s concurrent afternoon sessions will feature tracks about advanced strategies and planning, global retailing and online marketing strategies.
Shop.org, a division of the National Retail Federation, is the world's leading membership community for digital retail. Founded in 1996, Shop.org's 600 members include the 10 largest retailers in the U.S. and more than 60 percent of the Internet Retailer Top 100 E-Retailers. It's where the best retail minds come together to gain the insight, knowledge and intelligence to make smarter, more informed decisions in the evolving world of the Internet and multichannel retailing. Shop.org programs and activities include benchmarking research, events and networking communities.
Shop.org is pleased to grant complimentary registration to editorial staff members of the press, as well as accredited retail analysts and bloggers. Click here to register online for Shop.org’s Annual Summit or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The growing link between food and health continues to promote interesting partnerships. Learn how grocery retailer… https://t.co/byXSYnrvSp9 hours ago