Five Years = 150,000 Customer Ideas
When MyStarbucksIdea.com debuted five years ago, executives had no way of knowing if the online community they created would be like opening up Pandora’s box or a treasure chest. Today, having amassed more than 150,000 ideas from customers – and implementing 277 of them -- it’s pretty clear they struck it rich.
The site was founded to create an open dialogue and collaborative environment with consumers and allow them to play a vital role in how they interact with Starbucks, both in and out of stores. So what are some of the ideas they came up with? Consumers can walk into a Starbucks to order a “skinny” beverage, receive digital rewards for using their Starbucks Card and enjoy free Wi-Fi thanks to customer ideas shared on MyStarbucksIdea.com. The very first idea -- splash sticks -- has proven to be a clear winner. Other notable ideas that became reality include several new flavors, including Mocha Coconut Frappuccino blended beverages, Hazelnut Macchiato and Starbucks VIA Pumpkin Spice flavored coffee.
Passionate customers make good business partners. Retailers just need to ask.
- Monthly Economic Review: Consumers are in the driver’s seat
- If you build it, they will come: How Millennial homebuyers influence retail trends
- 3 web design mistakes that are costing your e-commerce site money
- ‘Eyes Only’ Visa Document Says PIN is Safer Than Signature
- The Benefits of Global Trade for U.S. Retailers, Workers and Their Customers