Top back-to-school trends for 2013
In you haven’t already heard, back-to-school and back-to-college shopping have been buzzing in the news. From AdAge to CNBC, the coverage has started for what is the second-biggest consumer spending season of the year other than the winter holidays. And today, NRF released its 2013 Back-to-School Spending Survey conducted by Prosper Insights & Analytics, showing combined back-to-school and back-to-college spending is expected to reach $72.5 billion.
But there are always trends hidden within the data. We’ve taken care of the heavy lifting to uncover what’s really impacting spending for parents with children in grades K-12 and college. Take a look at our infographic explaining this year’s top trends. You can also listen to NRF President and CEO Matthew Shay and Chief Economist Jack Kleinhenz discuss NRF's Back-to-School Spending Survey with the media here.
Historical data and top trends: Find all of NRF's back-to-school and back-to-college resources in one place.
- Top Trends for 2016 Back-to-School and College Shopping
- Parents Plan to Get Savvy with Back-to-School/Back-to-College Spending
- Back-to-school trends update: A look at last-minute promotions
- Infographic: Top 10 trends for back-to-school and college 2015
- Families plan to spend more for back to school and college this year