Entrepreneurs: Start Your Engines
Some would say it hasn’t been the best of times for small business lately, but with economic indicators starting to turn and consumers returning to Main Street for a bit of shopping therapy, there are a handful of retail sectors that may offer promising prospects for interested entrepreneurs.
IBISWorld recently identified the top five small business retail sectors based on start-up costs, barriers to entry and estimated 2012 revenue growth. Interestingly, while opening a tire dealership probably wouldn’t be among the first businesses to come to mind, it’s one of the most promising small-business retail sectors – fueled by consumers’ growing preference for more fuel-efficient tires.
- Judge Rejects Retailers' Challenge to 'Ambush' Union Elections
- Congress Gives Highway Funding Another Short Kick Down the Road
- The delight of a dinosaur: inspiration for improving the customer experience
- August is the Time to 'Keep That Drumbeat Going' on Internet Sales Tax
- Veteran Massachusetts Retailers President Honored for Service