Fix It Fast
Fixology co-founder and managing partner Steven Livshin says his stores’ concept goes typical jewelry and watch repair one better. “Our motto,” he says, is “your jewelry is fixed while you wait, watch or shop.”
Fixology Jewelry & Watch Repair
West Palm Beach, Fla.
Co-founders: Steven Livshin and Matthew Zvacek
In the Mall of America location, the store configuration makes it possible for the craftsmen to do their work in the window, helping to draw attention and traffic.
The décor was inspired by the colors of South Beach, Fla. The clean, sunny environment includes glass floor tiles that reflect light and simultaneously lower the cost of lighting the stores. Signature fixture display cases in the middle of the store are made of seamless glass, held together with invisible ultraviolet glue.
Sales associates come out from behind display counters to interact with customers and deliver barrier-free face-to-face assistance. All associates are certified watch technicians, and each store includes a jeweler and watchmaker, on staff whenever the store is open.
Livshin says plans are to open three additional company stores by the end of 2012 and five franchised locations next year.
- Judge Rejects Retailers' Challenge to 'Ambush' Union Elections
- Congress Gives Highway Funding Another Short Kick Down the Road
- The delight of a dinosaur: inspiration for improving the customer experience
- August is the Time to 'Keep That Drumbeat Going' on Internet Sales Tax
- Veteran Massachusetts Retailers President Honored for Service