Flip Flop Politics
Political candidates often get called out for their propensity to flip flop on some issues.
Refusing to be outdone on that front, Flip Flop Shops, a global retail franchise that specializes in selling the hottest brands and latest styles of flip flops and sandals, has introduced its Limited Edition Obama/Romney Flip Flop line. The $25 flip flops, which feature the faces of both political candidates, will be available through the election at all Flip Flop Shops locations nationwide and via the retailer’s website.
In addition to selling the footwear, Flip Flop Shops will attempt to take a quasi-scientific approach to predicting the next president. Each week, the company’s Facebook page will report the leading candidate based on purchases. In addition, Flip Flop Shops will donate $1 to the U.S. Treasury from every pair of Flip Flops sold.
“This is a fun way to call attention to the fact that both these candidates go back and forth on major issues,” says Brian Curin, president of Flip Flop Shops. “We’re also helping lower the national debt -- if the government can’t do it, at least Flip Flop Shops can help.”
- The delight of a dinosaur: inspiration for improving the customer experience
- August is the Time to 'Keep That Drumbeat Going' on Internet Sales Tax
- Veteran Massachusetts Retailers President Honored for Service
- Three ways Macy’s has reduced friction for customers
- Expectations of stronger job growth should light a fire under retail sales for the rest of the year