Frozen in Fashion
Inspired by the recent hullabaloo over Ben & Jerry’s newest flavor, Schweddy Balls -- an ode to a famously hilarious “Saturday Night Live” holiday skit -- Racked National, a site dedicated to online sales, celebrity fashion and national retail, decided to create five fake fashion-inspired flavors.
Topping its list: Banana Wintour and Donna Karamel.
After seeing the mocked-up flavors, Racked enthusiasts wanted to get in on the fun. The site’s creators held a Twitter contest, inviting devotees to tweet their best fashion-themed ice cream flavors. Some of the flavors fans came up were equally clever: Dior and Galliano Split, Hugo Bosston Cream Pie, Bottega Vanilla, Michael S’mores and TiraMissoni.
One wonders if the contest will provide ice cream makers at Ben & Jerry’s with food for thought.
- The delight of a dinosaur: inspiration for improving the customer experience
- August is the Time to 'Keep That Drumbeat Going' on Internet Sales Tax
- Veteran Massachusetts Retailers President Honored for Service
- Three ways Macy’s has reduced friction for customers
- Expectations of stronger job growth should light a fire under retail sales for the rest of the year