Shrink And Shelf Availability
To gain a deeper understanding of how to further reduce losses in the retail community, Checkpoint Systems has partnered with ECR Europe and the University of Leicester for a four-year “Study on Shrink.”
The study, which commenced its preliminary phase in November, is designed to deeply analyze the impact of shrink on product shelf availability.
“If retailers don’t manage their shrink,” says Farrokh Abadi, president and COO of Checkpoint’s shrink management solutions, “there will be a negative impact on shelf availability.”
The study will explore these issues from the perspective of an in-depth data orientation, Abadi says, “looking for the types of solutions that are going to help on three fronts” – reducing shrink, increasing on-shelf availability and improving labeling.
A separate study will focus on charting the potential impact of developments in mobile scanning technology, exploring the links between employee satisfaction and loss and discovering the challenges of managing loss in the multi-channel retail environment.
- The delight of a dinosaur: inspiration for improving the customer experience
- August is the Time to 'Keep That Drumbeat Going' on Internet Sales Tax
- Veteran Massachusetts Retailers President Honored for Service
- Three ways Macy’s has reduced friction for customers
- Expectations of stronger job growth should light a fire under retail sales for the rest of the year