Love is in the Air
Quick: Which brand do you love most?
If you said T.J. Maxx, you’re in good company. NetBase, a social media insight and analysis company, announced its latest Brand Passion Index earlier this month. Leading the pack was T.J. Maxx, scoring top honors as the Most Loved Brand and the brand with the Most Passionate Customers.
NetBase releases a unique monthly index each month. For February, the company choose to use the NetBase Insight Workbench to measure the emotions, opinions and behaviors expressed by online consumers for big-box bargain giants Kohl’s, J.C. Penney, T.J. Maxx, Ross and Marshalls.
The Insight Workbench found that T.J. Maxx generated the highest Passion Intensity score of 78, as well as the highest Net Sentiment score of 61. The discounter had the third-highest share of buzz, with 14.4 percent. Kohl’s generated the largest share of buzz, accounting for 54.6 percent of the overall chatter. Kohl’s also ranked high in other metrics with the second-highest Passion Intensity, garnering a score of 68, and the third-highest Net Sentiment, with a score of 61.
Interestingly, although T.J. Maxx and Marshalls both spawn from the same parent company, TJX, their metrics did not reflect the close affiliation. While T.J. Maxx yielded high flying percentages, Marshalls fell to the bottom of all three metrics. The bargain retail chain accounted for only 4 percent of the overall chatter and had the lowest Passion Intensity score of 45 and the lowest Net Sentiment score of 54.
Among all of the analyzed conversations, here are the highlights:
Brand with the Most Buzz: Kohl’s
• “I got the best Valentines’s present ever, whatever I could find in 30 minutes shopping trip in Kohls!!!”
• “Kohl’s stores are effectively arranged, clean plus the shop employees, such as customer support, in our experience have been helpful plus friendly.”
Most Loved Brand: T.J. Maxx
• “T.J. Maxx has some of the best deals around.”
• “T.J. Maxx seems less crowded and easier to shop.”
Most Passionate Customers: T.J. Maxx
• “I love the jewelry department at T.J. Maxx.”
• “Great night shopping and mingling at one of my fab places for every area of my life fashion.home.food Thanks T.J. Maxx. #TJMaxxMarshalls
- The delight of a dinosaur: inspiration for improving the customer experience
- August is the Time to 'Keep That Drumbeat Going' on Internet Sales Tax
- Veteran Massachusetts Retailers President Honored for Service
- Three ways Macy’s has reduced friction for customers
- Expectations of stronger job growth should light a fire under retail sales for the rest of the year