At RAMA CMO Summit, retail CMOs focus on the future
As Retail's BIG Show was in full swing, crowding the giant Jacob Javits Convention Center yesterday afternoon, a smaller, select group of retail CMOs were putting their heads together in a meeting across New York, focusing on the future of retail marketing.
The RAMA CMO Summit brought together an exclusive group of senior retail marketing and advertising executives for some valuable networking among their retail peers and exploration of the hot topics on their minds. The biggest issues included how to manage and structure omnichannel strategies across the organization, how to best leverage the loads of customer data available, how the CMO role is changing and evolving, and what marketing trends will be leading the pack in 2013.
You know it's a good conference when attendees are still glued to their seats at 5 p.m., urging presenters to continue beyond their scheduled time. From the mobile lessons of the holiday season to the secrets of selling to the subconscious mind, the agenda hit home with marketers. Check out the #CMO13 twitter feed to get some great gems from the event, and see pictures from the afternoon below.
- How Nordstrom’s culture and values support career and company growth
- At Nordstrom, attracting top talent feeds an obsession with service and technology
- Small Business Spotlight: Stitch Factory
- Small business retail is a big deal in Massachusetts
- Connecticut retailers make their mark on the state’s culture and communities