Netgear Wi-Fi Booster for Mobile
Wi-Fi is an integral part of today’s home, not just for laptops but smartphones, e-readers and gaming devices. Even with more powerful wireless routers, many homes still have “dead zones.” The new Netgear WN1000RP Wi-Fi Booster for Mobile boosts the signal, ensuring a good connection even on the back patio.
Not much bigger than a deck of cards, the device plugs into any power outlet and repeats a 2.4-GHz Wi-Fi signal from the existing router. The device is typically placed as far from the router as possible while staying inside the full coverage area.
At a time when cell phone carriers are starting to move away from unlimited data plans, the booster also helps save on data usage by providing wider Wi-Fi range at home. The WN1000RP has a retail price of $39.99.
- Monthly Economic Review: The importance of job openings and hiring data
- Revzilla reinvents the shopping experience for motorcycle enthusiasts
- Back-to-school trends update: A look at last-minute promotions
- Connecticut retailers make their mark on the state’s culture and communities
- Small business retail is a big deal in Massachusetts