Most retail promotions are widespread. But as companies work toward providing more personalized offers, they’re finding their efforts thwarted by pirated versions and an inability to generate and validate unique codes.
Help is on the way in the form of a tool called PromoVault that was recently launched by RevTrax. The tool enables marketers to securely execute e-commerce digital coupon campaigns across any channel or device. The technology creates and serves up dynamic promo codes, then protects those codes from being used by unauthorized parties. Using this new security feature, retailers can protect gross margins, manage revenue more carefully with targeted markdowns and accept rewards currency online.
“Ensuring that our e-commerce offers don’t spread uncontrolled across the web is critical, both to our customers and our company,” says Jeffrey Liss, senior vice president and general manager of e-commerce and customer insights for Charming Shoppes, a subsidiary of Ascena Retail Group. “Using PromoVault allows us to develop offers that … will only be redeemed by our target audience, not by anyone with a web browser and the ability to copy and paste.”
- Judge Rejects Retailers' Challenge to 'Ambush' Union Elections
- Congress Gives Highway Funding Another Short Kick Down the Road
- The delight of a dinosaur: inspiration for improving the customer experience
- August is the Time to 'Keep That Drumbeat Going' on Internet Sales Tax
- Veteran Massachusetts Retailers President Honored for Service