This is Retail: A look at the numbers (and the impact)
When NRF went searching for the "best retail story in America," we knew we'd have our hands full picking from the sheer number of stories to tell (there are..oh, 28 million of them across the country).
If this is the first you're hearing about our This is Retail video contest, let me tell you what we were looking for. We asked retail business owners and employees to create a two-minute video encompassing the opportunities within and the power of the retail industry. And we were blown away with those results. Somehow, after weeks of deliberation and help from a panel of six retail executive judges, we've narrowed it down to twenty.
But in anticipation of the public voting on these top twenty retail stories, which begins tomorrow, April 3, we have our own personal retail story to tell. It's narrated by our President and CEO Matt Shay and shows exactly why our industry is one of the most crucial to our economy and livelihood. This, ladies and gentlemen, is retail.
- How Nordstrom’s culture and values support career and company growth
- At Nordstrom, attracting top talent feeds an obsession with service and technology
- Small Business Spotlight: Stitch Factory
- Small business retail is a big deal in Massachusetts
- Connecticut retailers make their mark on the state’s culture and communities