Tractor Supply Goes Hollywood
Tractor Supply Co. is playing a leading role on a new reality TV show, but fans of the retail chain don’t need to worry that the company will trade in the John Deere for a Maserati any time soon.
Tractor Supply Co. and GRIT magazine have teamed up to share their rural know-how in a new television show, “Tough GRIT.” The weekly 30-minute program debuted last month on Rural Free Delivery-TV (RFD-TV).
John Wendler, Tractor Supply’s senior vice president of marketing, believes the show is a great platform to demonstrate how the retailer can help viewers tackle the challenges of the “Out Here” lifestyle. Wendler reports that each episode mixes information, humor and competitive challenges to help viewers tackle common DIY projects. Topics range from mending different types of fencing to loading cattle and shearing sheep. Each week, Team Tractor Supply squares off against Team GRIT, with the teams judged on efficiency, accuracy and safety. The winner of each challenge can earn up to $1,000 in Tractor Supply gift cards.
- The delight of a dinosaur: inspiration for improving the customer experience
- August is the Time to 'Keep That Drumbeat Going' on Internet Sales Tax
- Veteran Massachusetts Retailers President Honored for Service
- Three ways Macy’s has reduced friction for customers
- Expectations of stronger job growth should light a fire under retail sales for the rest of the year