NRF has been conducting its annual Father’s Day survey with Prosper Insights & Analytics since 2003 to see how Americans celebrate dad on his special day.
Consumer spending this Father’s Day is expected to total $20 billion, nearly on par with last year’s record-setting figure of $20.1 billion, according to the annual consumer survey. Approximately 76 percent of U.S. adults are expected to celebrate Father’s Day this year.
About the survey: The 2022 survey was fielded to 8,297 consumers aged 18+ from May 2 through May 9 and has a margin of error of plus or minus 1.1 percentage points.
- 2021: Father’s Day spending to hit $20.1 billion
- 2020: 3 ways consumers will celebrate dads despite the coronavirus
- 2019: Father’s Day spending expected to reach all-time high of $16 billion
- 2018: Father’s Day spending to reach near-record $15.3 billion
- 2017: Father’s Day spending to reach record-high $15.5 billion
- 2016: Father’s Day spending to reach record-high $14.3 billion
- 2015: Father’s Day spending to reach $12.7 billion
Results of NRF’s Father’s Day spending survey are released each year in early June.