NRF's annual Easter survey collects consumer data about the spring holiday. NRF has been conducting its annual Easter survey since 2003 to see how consumers will spend for and celebrate during the popular spring holiday.
Easter plans in 2023
How U.S. adult consumers plan to celebrate the holiday.
- 2022: 3 Ways parents are making Easter special
- 2021: A look at the Easter consumer
- 2020: How consumers are celebrating Easter amid a pandemic
- 2019: 3 ways younger consumers are embracing Easter
- 2018: Easter spending expected to be second highest in NRF survey history
- 2017: A later Easter is expected to bring record spending
- 2016: Americans anticipate spending more than ever on Easter this year
- 2015: Consumers on the hunt for candy, new spring apparel this Easter
Results of the Easter spending survey are released each year prior to the holiday.
More on consumer trends
Staying close to the customer with Pete Nordstrom
Retail Gets Real Episode 301: How Nordstrom keeps pace with change while holding strong to core values.
Easter Spending Expected to Reach Record $24 Billion
Consumers plan to spend a collective $24 billion on Easter this year, according to NRF and Prosper.
Barnes & Noble’s CEO is a book lover’s bookseller
James Daunt on the retail chain’s resilience and the industry’s evolution.
Answers to consumer questions about the climate impacts of shopping
NRF releases report on the carbon footprint of retail purchases.
Insights from Claire’s on connecting with younger consumers
NRF 2023: Understanding the challenges and opportunities presented by Generations Z and A.
How consumers are celebrating a record-breaking St. Patrick’s Day
More than half of adults plan to celebrate and total spending is expected to reach a record $6.16 billion.