NRF has been conducting its annual Father’s Day survey with Prosper Insights & Analytics since 2003 to see how Americans celebrate dad on his special day.
What consumers planned to spend on Father’s Day gifts in 2022
Consumer spending on Father’s Day was expected to total $20 billion, nearly on par with the previous year’s record-setting figure of $20.1 billion, according to the annual consumer survey. Approximately 76 percent of U.S. adults were expected to celebrate Father’s Day in 2022.
About the survey: The 2022 survey was fielded to 8,297 consumers aged 18+ from May 2 through May 9 and has a margin of error of plus or minus 1.1 percentage points.
- 2022: Consumers plan to spend $20 billion on Father's Day gifts
- 2021: Father’s Day spending to hit $20.1 billion
- 2020: 3 ways consumers will celebrate dads despite the coronavirus
- 2019: Father’s Day spending expected to reach all-time high of $16 billion
- 2018: Father’s Day spending to reach near-record $15.3 billion
- 2017: Father’s Day spending to reach record-high $15.5 billion
- 2016: Father’s Day spending to reach record-high $14.3 billion
- 2015: Father’s Day spending to reach $12.7 billion
Results of NRF’s Father’s Day spending survey are released each year in early June.