NRF has been conducting its annual Mother’s Day survey since 2003 to see how Americans will celebrate “mom” on her special day each spring.
- 2022: Here’s how consumers are celebrating moms this Mother’s Day
- 2021: Mother’s Day Spending to Total $28.1 Billion
- 2020: 3 ways the coronavirus is changing how we think about Mother’s Day
- 2019: Mother’s Day expected to deliver highest consumer spending to date
- 2018: Mother’s Day spending to reach $23.1 billion
- 2017: Mother’s Day spending to reach record-high $23.6 billion
- 2016: Americans to spoil mom with jewelry, electronics and special outings
- 2015: Families spending more than ever on mom
Results of the Mother’s Day spending survey are released each year in late April.
More on consumer trends
Retailers begin to give consumers the sustainable products they crave
Retailers, delivery services adapt to altered landscape
Introducing NRF Retail Converge